Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week 4 Curation: My Mythology Finds

This week I found a couple of really neat things, that I wanted to share with you! I am thrilled about all three of my finds, and I hope you will be too!

1. Norse God and Goddess Cards

I found these on Pinterest. These pertain to the Norse Gods, I haven't seen ones for other pantheons--do let me know if you find some!

Check out my Pinterest Board for all the Norse God cards!

The way I used these is, I printed them out, cut them out, and then each day I select a God or Goddess and read about them! It's a bite-sized way to learn about a particular God or Goddess each day!

If you really want to learn about Gods or Goddesses of a particular culture, then I highly recommend doing something similar.

2. Mabon: the holiday, the God, and the Myth!

The Autumnal Equinox is this Wednesday (9/23), which means it is also the Wiccan or Pagan holiday of Mabon!

The interesting thing about Mabon is that Mabon is actually a Welsh God. In fact, he is basically a male version of Persephone!

I found a little guide on Pinterest to the holiday, Mabon, including the interesting (and little known) myth of the Welsh God, Mabon:
(Image from: Nature Bound Pagan

Check out this website and this website to learn more about the myth of Mabon.

3. Mythology Memes

I was so excited to find more of those Mythology Aesthetics! Apparently they are now being called Mythology Memes, how awesome is that?

Here is one I found on Pinterest of the lovely, to say the least, Goddess Freya:

(Image from: Disa)
I have confirmed that if you search for "mythology memes" on Tumblr or Pinterest that you will find MANY of these for all different Gods and Goddesses of many pantheons.

I'm so excited to have found this, because they are just truly stunning and they capture the essence of the Gods or Goddesses depicted.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?