Sunday, September 13, 2015

Week 3: Growth Mindset

Talk About Growth Mindset:

I decided to talk to my Mom about Growth Mindset, since she is an Elementary School Teacher, and I thought it would help her teaching.

It turned out that she already knew about Growth Mindset!

She's learned about it in training and in classes she's taken.

She put it that Growth Mindset is the mindset that you want to have. It's about challenging yourself and others, and not giving up. She added that she uses Growth Mindset applied to herself, and applied to the kids in her class.
(Image from Cheezburger, made by Laura Gibbs)

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, YES, I am so glad to hear that! I have met so many great K-12 teachers by exploring growth mindset. Not so many college teachers though... but our minds don't stop growing just because we are in college, ha ha. If your mom has any tips for us to use, let me know! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?