Thursday, September 3, 2015

Week 2: Curation

This week, my most useful tool was Pinterest! I found myself saving websites to my Pinterest board more than bookmarking the sites.

My Top 3 Favorite Web Discoveries:

1. Oscar Wilde's Fairy Tales

(Image is: James McNeill Whistler's Nocturne in Black and Gold: The Falling Rocket. Possibly the inspiration for Wilde's "The Remarkable Rocket".) 

I found this via Professor Gibbs, but saved it onto Pinterest. I fell in love with Oscar Wilde's writing when I read The Picture of Dorian Gray, and I have fallen in love again. His fairy tales are AMAZING, to say the least. I read The Nightingale and the Rose, and WOW--just, go read it, right now!

2. The Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology

I found this via Pinterest, and it's really cool! There is a lot of really neat mythology stuff on Pinterest! This blog post briefly describes the different worlds of Norse mythology, and it is accompanied by some really great images.

3. The Greek and Roman Gods
Also from Pinterest. This is a great chart that has all of the Greek and Roman Gods, showing their relationships to one another, along with brief descriptions. The whole chart is well done and aesthetically pleasing!



1 comment:

  1. Again, this is just great and thank you so much for trying out this option. This is my first attempt at making curation part of the class (well, it's a HUGE part of the class in terms of how I spend my time... so the first attempt to make it part of the class together with you guys also). I am going to get to learn about so much cool stuff this way as a result! Excellent! I hope your post will inspire other students to give this a try too!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?