Thursday, September 3, 2015

Week 2: Famous Last Words

This Week's Readings:
This week had a minor hiccup. I misunderstood and thought that we could reading literally ANY of the reading units. As a result, I read Dante's Inferno, and did the reading diary for it. After all of that, I found out that I did it all incorrectly! I was happy that I could use Dante's Inferno as extra credit, but it was still a little annoying, since I wanted to get ahead.

When I finally did read the correct thing, I chose Cupid and Psyche. I really enjoyed this reading. I had enough time to do both reading, and the diary. I just wasn't exactly able to work ahead. I think next week I'm going to choose a Classical unit again. (I took Bible as Literature last semester, so I'm a little burned out on that topic.)

This Week's Best Writing:

I was quite happy with a Young Adult Vampire Romance that I wrote for my Storytelling post this week! If you haven't read it yet, click here to check it out.

My absolute best writing was with my novel that I am writing for my Professional Writing Capstone course, however I do intend to publish it upon its completion. I have learned so much about writing this week.

This week I read the book Living Write by: Kelly L. Stone, and I highly recommend it. It has great tips for writers, and it is very motivational. So if you're in a bit of a writer's block, go read that book!

The main thing I took from that book was that you must ALWAYS write! So I have created a schedule for all my classes, like X time I will do X homework.

I have additionally decided that at a certain time each day, I will sit down and write for one hour--even if I don't feel like writing. I have found that I often end up writing for more than an hour! I'm extremely happy with how my novel is going. All I'll say about it, is that it is a Young Adult Fantasy! As for any more info, well, you'll just have to wait for it to be published!

Other People's Writing:
I have learned two things from reading other people's writing:

  1. Always proofread--spellcheck does not catch everything.
  2. Remember to add in emotions, and all five sense into your writing.

My Other Classes:
My other classes are going great. All of them have a lot of reading and writing, so that can be tiring at times--but I am managing, and enjoying the process. Taking mythology is really helping me in my two Professional Writing courses: my capstone course and a mystery and suspense course.

Outside of School:
As I've mentioned, tomorrow until Monday I am going to Anime Fest! I am so excited and cannot wait. I am a little bummed about it, because I found out that there are all of these Star Wars events at Target, Hot Topic, and Amazon! Alas, I will be in Dallas spending all of my money on anime merchandise. But, I am going to try to save some money so that when I return to Norman I can spend it all on Star Wars merchandise!

(Image from ImgFlip



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?