Sunday, September 13, 2015

Week 3: Curation

Here are the top 3 favorite things mythology-related that I found from my curation spaces: Tumblr and Pinterest!

1. The Tumblr Tag "Mythology Aesthetics".

Just go to Tumblr and search the tag, "Mythology Aesthetics". It will have beautiful images portraying Gods, Goddesses, and Themes from Mythology. A lot of these even make modern versions of myths. My favorite that I found was the Modern Mythology Aesthetic of Dionysis. The link to that is here.

2. An Anthology of Mythical Creatures:
(Image from: Pinterest)
On Pinterest I found a really cool chart with most of the mythical creatures that we know and love, or some we didn't know about!

3. Understanding the Fulgjur:

(Image from: Pinterest)
On Pinterest I also stumbled upon a Norse Myth that I didn't know about, the Fulgjur. These are evidently guardian spirits that accompany a person through life.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, what a fascinating Tumblr you found, Lauren! Wow! A friend of mine uses Greek gods and goddeses for teaching Latin in high school, and this would be such a cool type of project for her students to do; I need to share this with her!

    And that graphic of the mythological creatures is so cool by drawing from different areas of the world... it would be fun to do a some humongous graphic, like a mile long or something, with all the THOUSANDS of creatures that people have imagined over time... including those that are not so famous like your mysterious Fulgjur! The connection with death makes it sound kind of like the banshee also. Very cool!

    Thanks for doing this curation exercise: I like having new things to pin and bookmark... and even better when they come from someone you know person to person! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?