Sunday, October 25, 2015

Week 9: Curation Spaces

We spend most of our time online. I think this can be said about most people. We're on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest Youtube, Tumblr, (insert your favorite social media here) almost all of our day.

But I have a different way for you to use these websites, and incorporate it into Curation Spaces.

Since we're all in Mythology, make the most of it, and learn as much as we can!

Also, are you running out of creative steam for your Storytelling Posts or your Final Project? This will additionally help to fuel your creativity!

Want to learn more? Was there a week with Mythology that truly interested you? OR if there a Mythology that we haven't looked at that interests you, such as Norse Mythology?

Start by going to your favorite social media place. My favorite places to find Mythology-related posts is on Pinterest of Tumblr!

Search for any Mythology that interested you. Example: Greek Mythology. You might start to see Gods or Goddesses that interest you, so search for them next!

On Pinterest you can make a board for that Mythology, or a board for each deity. If you're on Tumblr, why not make a Mythology side blog?

Need to spark your creativity? Use Social Media and Curation Spaces to find interest for your Stories for Storytelling or for your Final Project (Storybook/Portfolio.)

For example, I wrote a story last week for my Storytelling post about werewolves. So, I hopped on Pinterest and found pictures of werewolves to insprire me.

Additionally, my Storybook is about Vampires. So, I often go to Pinterest and search around for images of Vampires there! I even made a Vampire Pinterest board to inspire me!

Here are my three favorite finds from this week:

1. Valkyries
(Image from: Pinterest)
(Image from: Pinterest

This week I found several beautiful images of Valkyries. 

If you did not know, Valkyries are beautiful winged maidens that carry Viking warriors that died in glory in battle to Valhalla. Valhalla is a giant mead hall with Odin. They stay there until Ragnarok. (Read about Ragnarok next!)

2. Ragnarok
(Image from: Pinterest
Ragnarok is the end of the world according to Norse Mythology.

3. This week's underappreciated Norse Goddess is...
(Image from: Pinterest
Skadi! She is the Norse Goddess of Winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?