Sunday, October 18, 2015

Week 8: Review

Favorite Thing From Today's Announcement:

(Image from: Laura Gibbs)

Why It's My Favorite:
Well, you put a cat on anything and it's going to be my favorite. But, aside from this--what a wonderful message. This is truly a Growth Mindset sort of well, mindset! I really needed this quote. I am constantly reminding myself that sometimes out best we do isn't a "roar", but that doesn't mean that it won't be tomorrow! You have to have that hope and drive to keep on doing it! We can't always be the lion, sometimes we've that little kitten mewing to silent ears.

My Quote of the Week:
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by." 

I think we can all relate to that!

Some Final Thoughts:
This is a week that I've been doing reviewing in this class! It was a great chance for me to look back at the semester. I feel like I got a chance to look at the past and get ready for the future. Sometimes the semester can be daunting and you feel like you're kind of drowning in it. I've felt it myself, and I've read it in other student's "Looking Forward" posts. 

But stopping and taking an assessment of things can help you get out of the tidal wave of work that's drowning you, and let you set a steady path ahead of you. (Wow, my Professional Writing-ness is really showing isn't it?)

In all seriousness though, I am going to push forward with new intentions. I want to do the best work that I can do, and I want to try to work ahead, especially in this class, but also in my other classes.

I have made a schedule, and I intend to stick to it.

Here's to the rest of a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?