Sunday, October 18, 2015

Week 8: Famous Last Words

My Reading This Week:

There was no reading for this class, but I read a lot this week!

I had a lot to read in my other classes and in my free time!

In my other classes, I was happy with everything that I read. I feel like I am not rushing as much, and I am reading closely. As a result I a, comprehending the content more, and it's impacting me more!

In European Modernism and Beyond, I read "No Exit" by: Jean-Paul Sartre and "The Myth of Sisyphus" by: Albert Camus. Both of these pieces were very eye opening. It was also my first time hearing the Greek myth of Sisyphus, which is pretty intense to read about! 

I highly recommend reading "No Exit," it has a really interesting story and it isn't very long. Also, take a look at the actual myth of Sisyphus before looking at Camus' "The Myth of Sisyphus".
(Hell is other people by: Duncan C)
The best and most mind-blowing quote, in my opinion from No Exit is, "Hell is other people." (Sartre) If you've ever heard that quote, that's where it's from! I know it's kind of negative sounding, but just think about it. It really made me look at things a little differently.

In Mystery and Suspense, I read And Then There Were None by: Agatha Christie. This was my second time reading it, but it was still a joy to see the Queen of Mystery at her best!

Philosophy not your thing? Then I highly recommend reading And Then There Were None if you enjoy mysteries! It has such great twists and turns.

In my free time I've been reading A Shade of Vampire by: Bella Forrest. I have only started it but I am LOVING IT! 

If you like vampire books, give A Shade of Vampire a try! It's part of a large series of books!

My Best Writing this Week:

I wrote the next 4,000 words of my novel! I am up to 50 pages, and I'm really happy with how it's turning out. It's a Young Adult Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance with vampires! I'll be designing the cover of my book soon, so I'll post that when that's made. That will give you a good idea of what my book is about.

Other People's Writing:
I am learning more and more the importance of reading your work out loud! That's also been my most popular comment that I've given to people this week. It really does make GOOD stories, GREAT, you guys! So, read your stuff out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?