Sunday, October 4, 2015

Famous Last Words

My Reading This Week:
This week's reading was enjoyable. It was also easy to understand and to follow. I didn't do my usual speed read, and so I think that helped with the comprehension. Also, I've liked how I've been doing my reading diaries lately.

My Best Writing this Week:
Once again, my best reading for this week was for this class. Here's my Storytelling Post. I'm also excited about a story idea that I came up with for my Mystery and Suspense class. It pains me to say for, I think the third week in a row, that I have not been working on my novel. I need to get on track, and I plan to just that this week, I will force myself to sit down for one hour and WRITE!

Other People's Writing:
I was reminded to spellcheck EVERYTHING, and to re-read what I write several times,

My Other Classes:
This week slowed down, compared to last week, and for that I am thankful. This coming week is going to be much busier though. I have a lot of homework due in all my classes, and I have an Exam this week. The hardest thing to do, surprisingly, is to find free time.

Someone told me recently, "When you're an adult, you don't find free time--you MAKE IT." This statement is becoming abundantly clear to me. However, I am still trying to figure out how to make it. I mean, I do spend time doing things I enjoy, like researching Norse Mythology and lurking on Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr. But I have found a hard time trying to find time to read novels that are awaiting on my Kindle, or shows lined up on my Netflix queue. I'll figure it out in time.

Besides, the New Moon is October 12th, and this is a time for new beginnings and fresh starts!

Something Cool I Found:
If you don't know that I am in love with Norse Mythology, then you haven't been reading my Curation Spaces (which you should! I find a lot of cool stuff!) In addition to those things, I found a news article from February that I thought was really cool. Apparently there is being an Asatru Temple or "hof"  being built in Iceland. (Asatru is a modern day adaptation of the original Norse Pagan Religion.) There has not been a temple of such built in about 1,000 years!

(Thor, the Norse God by Logan Zawacki
Well, all this talk about Norse Mythology, I part with an image of my favorite God: Thor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?