Friday, August 28, 2015

Week1: Famous Last Words

This week went really well. It was a great start to the semester.

I was really proud of my storytelling post for this week! I was also proud of an outline that I wrote for my Professional Writing Capstone course. I had writer's block, when it came to fiction, all summer and only worked on my Vegan Food Blog, HappyHealthyNoms. So, I'm glad I'm finally back in the swing of things.

I also made a work schedule for myself, to try to avoid my natural habit of procrastination. I was able to stick with that this week, and hope to stick to it next week as well. My schedule will help me to work ahead.

I especially need to work ahead next week and finish everything before friday, because I'll be going to the Anime Fest anime convention next Friday-Monday, It's a little stressful to have to do so much ahead of time, but it will be doable and worth it.

(Anime Fest, Image from: Anime Fest's Facebook)


I read the storytelling posts of two students, and they both did a really good job. Their writing was very different from me, and different genres than I prefer. I won't borrow anything from them, but I did enjoy reading their work.

All of my classes are going great. The only real issue is all my classes are heavy in reading and writing, which are my favorite things to do, but I have quite a workload for me. I have to write two completely different novels, plus short stories, plus writing for this class, AND working on my personal Vegan Food Blog.

In addition to that I have several novels to read in 3 different classes, plus the readings in this class. Phew. 

I guess the difficult thing is trying to do all of that in advance and try to make time for working out, reading for pleasure, seeing friends, and seeing my boyfriend. Sometimes I get too focused on my work and forget to have fun. But, again, if I stick to the schedule I made--then I will be okay!

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I need to stick to my work schedule so closely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?