Thursday, August 27, 2015

Storybook Favorites

Storybook Favorite #1: Tokyo Underworld

(Image by: Benjamin Welch)

Professor Gibbs actually suggested this one to me. She said she thought I'd like it, but I didn't--I LOVED it. This was by far the best storybook that I looked at. The design was amazing (to say the least) and it looks like the student made all of the artwork, which is so impressive! Besides the great design and artwork, the stories were also great and very enticing. This storybook is very unique, and I recommend that anyone should check it out.


Storybook Favorite #2: Tracking the Werewolf

(Illustration by: Mont Sudbury for Weird Tales story "The Werewolf Howls" (November, 1941)
Web Source: Wikimedia Commons.)
I love supernatural fantasy, so I knew I'd like it, just from the title. The storybook was, in fact, about werewolves. The introduction was written like a journal entry, which was interesting and different. It definitely caught my interest. The design was great. It was all dark colors, and used relevant images. I think I would do something similar for sure. This was a great storybook, I don't think that there is anything that I would change.

Storybook Favorite #3: Faery Legend

I love stories about faeries. I like to read them, and write my own. So, when I saw "faery" in the title, I was interested. The title is accurate, this is about faeries. However, there wasn't a page that was called "introduction," which was frustrating. I will definitely have a page titled with "introduction" in my storybook. The design and artwork of this storybook was it's greatest feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?