Sunday, November 8, 2015

Week 11: Curation Spaces

With NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), and Storytelling in our class, some people are surely running low on writing steam. So, this week I wanted to share some writing tips and tricks that I found on Pinterest.

1. Write first, edit later!
(Image from Pinterest)
Some of the most helpful advice that I have ever heard is to write first and edit later. It isn't like brain surgery. You don't have one shot to get it write. So, the best thing to do when writing a story is to simply write. Write everything that comes to mind, which as I like to call it is 'word vommiting'. When you have the story down, go back later and edit it!

2. Words of Wisdom from: Stephen King!
(Image from Pinterest)
I know it sounds so simple, but it isn't. I hear people so many times say they cannot find 'time' to read or write. Well, you will never find time, so you will never be a writer. In order to be a writer you must MAKE time to read or write. Read and write once a day, setting either times for each or goals. (I try to write 1,500 words a day for my novel, and read for at least an hour.

3. Write what you want to read!
(Image from Pinterest
Don't know what to write? Whether it is for a short story or a novel, write what YOU would read. Read in your genre, something that you're interested in. Find what you wish existed (whether it be more like what you have written, or what has not yet been written.) Love what you write, and be your biggest fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?